"part material not enough"

talk about anything

"part material not enough"

Postby Brit » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:19 am

What does "part material not enough" in a dialogue box that sometimes pops up when clicking on "print". I cannot find anything about this in the manuals.
Brit

Re: "part material not enough"

Postby odiegel » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:25 am

Hi Brit,

The best manual to use is probably the one at http://www.ciri.org.nz/downloads/UP!%20 ... 101228.pdf
I'll try to update it with details of the latest software version one of these weekends, but at least it contains info on the adding more material question you have (on page 26).

Might also help resolve the other problems you were having with platiform/nozzle height... :-)

Up! team, might I suggest that you started distributing this manual with your machiens, or have it downloadable from your website so users have as much information as possible?

Cheers
Olaf
odiegel

Postby Tiertime-Edward » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:30 am

Hi Brit,

When you change material or add new spool of material, please remember to add material weight in the Maintenance _>New Spool.

Now please estimate how material is left in you material spool, then put the weight into the New Spool box. You will not be bothered until your material is really not enough.

Kind regards,
Edward
Tiertime-Edward

Postby Tiertime-Edward » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:34 am

Hi Olaf,

We have updated the software again today, it is now V1.14, please test and add these new features into your latest manual. Thank you very much.

We will put your latest manual on our website for downloading then.

Cheers,
Edward
Tiertime-Edward

Postby Brit » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 am

I took on board the recommendation of keeping the veroboard copper side up that I saw on one post. This method did work better with the warping, but the second time around, the platform accidently went too high with a new part, when I tested the height again. The nozzle rubbed on the copper during the test. I think the nozzle is now shot causing the "part material not enough" box to pop up, so I'll need to buy another one from Auckland. Darn...I've had bad luck with this one. I wish all this info was in the manual available for download (including detailed instructions on how to clean the nozzle -which Bruce in Auckland kindly provided today... and which side to use the veroboard...also, there are real problems with warping, perhaps enough that it could be seen as a product "defect" that could be improved upon?).
Brit

Postby Madox » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:15 am

Brit wrote:I took on board the recommendation of keeping the veroboard copper side up that I saw on one post. This method did work better with the warping, but the second time around, the platform accidently went too high with a new part, when I tested the height again. The nozzle rubbed on the copper during the test. I think the nozzle is now shot causing the "part material not enough" box to pop up, so I'll need to buy another one from Auckland. Darn...I've had bad luck with this one. I wish all this info was in the manual available for download (including detailed instructions on how to clean the nozzle -which Bruce in Auckland kindly provided today... and which side to use the veroboard...also, there are real problems with warping, perhaps enough that it could be seen as a product "defect" that could be improved upon?).

Part Material Not Enough is probably due to aborted prints. The nozzle shouldn't have much to do with it.

Its cold down in the southern hemisphere :) Buy some PLA from Bruce and see how that goes [no warping].

I'm waiting for spring/summer before I go back to big ABS prints.
Madox

Postby Brit » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:20 am

There is no extrusion at all; when I tried to take the 2 hex nuts off the nozzle heater, one stripped...

How archival and robust is the PLA? I've been keeping the small room within my studio quite warm (18 -20 degrees or so) with an electric oil heater, so that should do the trick.
Brit

Postby Linkreincarnate » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:51 am

Didn't you get a bag of spare screws and such?
Linkreincarnate

Postby Brit » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:29 am

... I will next time; but the screw stripped and I couldn't get it out...I'll also heat the piece up more so the screws will come out.
Brit

Postby trebuchet03 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:51 pm

Brit wrote:... I will next time; but the screw stripped and I couldn't get it out...I'll also heat the piece up more so the screws will come out.

The screw stripped while you were loosening it?
Engineer - Mechanical, Mechatronic, Reliability, Etcetera
One Offer
Mass Producer
trebuchet03

Postby UPUPandAway » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:22 pm

HELP! mine's doing the same thing! Mac OS X v1.1

I tried to do a print earlier today, but it keeps telling me "not enough material". I've tried 1000 times to "add a new spool", but the second I go to print or the second I quit and re-open the software, it says I have 2g of material again. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the extruder, platform, or filament feeder, they all work fine and tested properly. Also, it seems the Mac software doesn't keep track of material properly as I previously had to "add a new spool" almost every print, but now it's not letting me! Is there a procedure of restarting certain things that will trick the printer? I have the variant of the printer with the old filament feeder and the 5V output, whichever version that is, if that helps. Is there some way to restore the printer to factory settings so it won't do this? Do I have to withdraw/extrude a certain amount before it believes that I've changed spools?
UPUPandAway

Postby trebuchet03 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:47 am

Normally it asks if you want to add material (yes/no)... Just click "no" and it will start printing....

I don't use a mac, so this could be totally wrong.
Engineer - Mechanical, Mechatronic, Reliability, Etcetera
One Offer
Mass Producer
trebuchet03

Postby aqkevin » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:32 am

Did not you get a bag of spare screws, for example?
aqkevin

Postby UPUPandAway » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:50 am

I got an e-mail from tech support and it's a bug in the Mac software. It's understandable considering it's only been out something like 2 months. I hooked the printer up to a different computer with Parallels and Windows XP on it and I was able to print with the Windows software.
UPUPandAway

Return to General